Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Coffee and Design

Yesterday morning I got a chance to experience two of my favorite things, good coffee and good design! It was great way to start the day:) Anyway, I read about a new restaurant/coffee house in Houston, called Down House. Of course, that alone sounds inviting to me; but when I heard that many of the furnishings were designed by Becki and Jur Van Der Oord of Installations Antiques...I got over there as quick as I could! (Check out some pictures of Installations here). Well, I wasn't disappointed.
The rich blue walls blend beautifully with leather and wood seating, and industrial lighting. What I especially loved about the design was that it is subtle...not too overdone. 



BTW, Mark and I loved our coffee and breakfast and we're anxious to return and check out their dinner menu. So if there are any volunteer babysitters, just let me know!
(Photos by Carolina Saunders)

4 comments:

brooke schwab photography said...

i was there yesterday morning! oh wait, there i am in the pink shirt sitting with those two guys. :) i think i remember you snapping photos even. i am never disappointed with the down house!

Carolina Eclectic said...

WHAT?!!
That's crazy Brooke. I'm so sorry we don't know each other. Perhaps next time there, we'll have to meet:)

tableandtop.com said...

I love the dark colors and the pattern on that one couch. Great place!

'Please visit our new website www.tableandtop.com'

brooke schwab photography said...

for sure! if i would have known it was you i would have stopped you. love your blog.