Thursday, April 28, 2011

Minimalist Apartment

 Moving is tough! I know I've been gone for a while, but I've been moving into our new apartment. We didn't bring everything we own, since this will only be a temporary place. Still, it takes a lot of time! The minimalist in me wishes I could get rid of all possessions, except the most basic of furnishings...and some art of course. I came across this German apartment and was inspired by its absolute simplicity. I bet this place could be packed up in no time. Although, where else would one find such an incredible home?

 I am a big fan of built-ins, especially if they have such beautiful texture:)

I think I just took two steps back on my, trying to include more "pretty" things in my home. Shoot! It isn't very easy!!

5 comments:

April Robinson said...

Something about moving tends to bring out the minimalist in me too. Built-ins or other storage sure help to keep the minimalist look. Good luck on your move and try not to throw everything out.

April
The Flooring Wholesalers Wife

Carolina Eclectic said...

Thanks so much, April. I'll try:)

my name is sécia. said...

Less is more on so many levels. :)

♥ sécia
www.petiteinsanities.blogspot.com

C.J. said...

I have been packing up my home as well. Moving to the Puget Sound area in early July. Too bad my house didn't look like that. Oh well, where is that other box?

cooler said...

Wow....! I am Amazed to see this! really really Beautiful home! i think It will bring the new change in the world of Decorations!
merino outlast wool blanket