Friday, January 14, 2011

Off-Beat Market

 My love and fascination for chairs has been no secret on this blog. My other love is finding shopping sites that may be off the radar. You can imagine how excited I was when I found Sally Nencini's site, since it combines both! She has a bespoke upholstery shop based in London. Vintage chairs are given wonderful makeovers with very unique fabrics and details. 

 The "Come To Life" chair. Wow, this is my favorite! Talk about a statement piece.


Nencini's site also includes charming cushions and handmade toys. Check out her Etsy site here.

6 comments:

tilly | maison said...

wow! these are really, really gorgeous. thanks for sharing. i'm with you--totally obsessed with chairs (just posted about another redo, i just can't help myself when it comes to a good chair).

loving your blog, by the way.

carolyn

Mr. Goodwill Hunting said...

Those chairs are certainly statement pieces. It seems as if you have to have the right chair to do the right trick. I've yet to find the proper dining chairs, because of that reason. I am truly inspired. I am your newest follower.

Mr. Goodwill Hunting

Karena said...

How unique truly works of art, I am off to check her site out!!

Come and join my Giveaway from Blydesign!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Franziska said...

Those are different and unique. Nice statements, that brings a lot f ideas and new inspiration,

Franziska
@FlavorDesigns

Bethany Dirksen said...

I don't even want to think about the time that goes into making those! My Lord...but they are beautiful, aren't they.

Leah Moss said...

whoa, some of the most beautiful pieces I've seen in a good long while. Thank you for sharing!

I couldn't help but notice how beautifully they fit in with your interest in "making the simple profound"-- lovely!!!