Thursday, January 27, 2011

In My Head: Origami

While in school, I remember making silly little origami sculptures. I never understood the point, so I soon forgot all about them. Recently, that has changed. I can't stop thinking about the art of origami and its simple beauty. There is something so profound about a sheet of paper coming to life with just a few folds. I love it!
Just to clarify, origami is a lot more than paper cranes. I've been exploring this ancient art and have discovered that there is a whole culture of origami artists. Some of their creations are mind-blowing. Me... I'm still trying to make a simple airplane that will actually fly!

7 comments:

Junior & Mario said...

lINDO lINDO LINDO , i LOVED YOUR POST AMASING, VERY NICE AND INSPIRATIONAL.

Bethany Dirksen said...

I'm in the middle of planning a bridal shower for my sister....and I believe you might have just given me my theme! So cool.

Carolina Eclectic said...

J&a: Obrigado!
I don't really speak Portugese, I looked this up:)
I do speak Spanish!
Anyway, thanks for reading.

Carolina Eclectic said...

Bethany: Ahhh! I love it!!!

ashley cooper said...

wow, who know origami was so couture! Love this post...so original!

Leah Moss said...

origami is so beautiful and magical. oneday...for now I'm with you on the flying airplane business :)

bethan19 said...

Please can you change the credit for the rainbow cranes image to this site here http://www.flickr.com/photos/beth19/4688883962/

The image belongs to me and the source you've listed is not correct. Cheers!