Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Eclectic Christmas

Merry Christmas! I would like to say that before I write the rest of the article. You may be wondering why. Well, again we find ourselves at a time of year, I don't really like. Ahhhhh! How do I convey my feelings? As a Christian, I most definitely observe the meaning of Christmas and am grateful for all it includes. But, I DON'T LIKE THE DECORATING! Pretty much every year I say the same thing on this blog. So some of you may have heard this before. Sorry for that. For some reason, I always feel pressured to write something Christmas-y, even though; I really don't want to. So, as a way to deal with that dilemma, I write about small details that I do like. (You may also notice that I tend to put this off for as long as I can). 

I haven't figured out why Christmas decorating disturbs me so much. I think its because it often seems tacky or forced. I don't like doing things just because it is "expected" of me or because everyone does it. Perhaps I need therapy? 
Okay, enough! I really don't like being negative, so I am concentrating on what I do like. Here are a few details that are very beautiful and unique.

One of my favorite parts of Christmas, is the gift wrapping. Every year I try to think of some new and unusual way of presenting gifts. I found these adorable pom-poms via Bugs and Fishes, here.  She includes a tutorial and many more gift wrapping ideas. 
Yay, I may have a little Christmas spirit after all!!!
P.S. If you are looking for my Eclectic House  articles, they will be back after Christmas.


Concrete Jungle said...

Love the snowflake curtain!
Be Merry!

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

LOVE me some eclectic Christmas...they are ALL great!

Carolina Eclectic said...

Ha, ha, thanks ladies.
Hope you have a very merry Christmas!

amanda jane said...

what a great wreath!