Thursday, January 7, 2010

My Papi

I have always been my Daddy's little girl. I have never stopped calling him Papi, because I know how much it means to him. His name is Natividad, because he was born on Christmas day and he has suffered from Parkinson's disease for almost 30 years. That is an incredible amount of time for anyone with that condition, but I think its due to his incredible determination and faith. The last few weeks have been very difficult for him and I think he's ready to quit fighting. I am on my way to see him now and I'm not real sure when I will be back. I can barely write this so it will be short. I just ask that he may be in your prayers.
Thank you, I know I have many friends out there and I appreciate your care.
Carolina

13 comments:

noID said...

knowing you're happy and that you'll be okay is the greatest gift you can give your 'papi'. my heart goes out to you both. it's tough. be strong.

knack said...

praying for you and your dad.....

xo

ashlina said...

aren't daddy's the best???????

ashlina said...

my prayers and heart go out to you and your father....i sat with my grandfather on his death bed recently. i never left his side and those were some of the best moments we ever had....

be strong!

xoxo

fromtherightbank.com said...

I'm so sorry. Please take care and know that you're in our thoughts.

Tamstyles said...

prayers have been sent up..

Courtney said...

thinking of you and your family! xx

not said...

Hugs to you both at this time... I hope the remainder of your time together is filled with love and peace xx

llm said...

i will pray for you and your papi. i am inspired by your openness about your faith and i understand where you are coming from. i'm sure your papi is proud to have such a dedicated, strong and courageous woman as his daughter. God bless!

angela | the painted house said...

I keep up with your blog, although I've been a horrible commentor. Father-daughter relationships are very dear to me. I hope you both enjoy beautiful moments together. Saying a prayer now for you both.

Carolina Eclectic said...

Thanks everyone. I knew you all would be very caring. I'm still spending time w/ my Daddy.

Annie said...

Carolina,
You are all in my head and my heart. I'm so saddened by the pain that you and your family have to feel. Know that you and your Papi are in our prayers.

Marcos Menezes said...

Carolina,

May your dad rest in peace.

Un beso,

Marcos