Monday, August 3, 2009

White Out: A Light Filled House in France

A few weeks ago, I wrote about my current love of blue. I also asked what colors some of you were inspired by and got several great responses. Ms. Joni of Cote de Texas mentioned loving white, and I got to thinking about how much I love white too. Years ago, I wouldn't be caught dead with almost anything white; but now I can't get enough!
I find as my life gets more hectic and with more demands placed on me, I love the quietness and simplicity of white. When used in decor, white offers room to breathe. It lightens up any space.
Here is a wonderful example! White stones, stucco, and whitewashed woods blend beautifully with soft paint and floor colors. Its like a little piece of heaven:)


I'm not certain if this floor is slate or stained concrete, but I love its warm depth and patina. Pairing it with white walls and furniture shows that white can be warm, exciting, and beautiful.

5 comments:

cassandra @ coco+kelley said...

i am COMPLETELY in love!! this is so my kind of space. SO soothing!

Carolina Eclectic said...

Hi C.
I know don't you just want to runaway there?

Lavender and Lilies said...

that is breathtaking!

The Antiques Diva™ said...

I'm utterly intrigued by this chandlier in the 2nd pic using non-traditional light bulbs (round instead of flame tip). I'm not sure if I like it here, but I'm inspired by the idea as it challenges your eye!

Just stumbled on your blog today from La Dolce Vite and enjoyed popping around!

Ciao,
Toma (aka The Antiques Diva)

Topsy Turvy said...

Carolina - White is my favorite color, and this is just perfect ... so calming and serene, but it takes a lot of restraint.

–Lana