Thursday, August 27, 2009

What A Tease!

This morning I was scrolling through my phone and found a note I made for myself. All it said was Guy Matthews, Australia. I had no idea what that meant nor when I typed it. So, I went to trusty Google and found photos of an amazing vintage store in Melbourne. Now the frustrating thing is that there doesn't seem to be a website for the place. So I'm left with a few photos that lure me in and leave wanting more!
(Top Photos via Jesterhoax)
(Bottom Photos via The Design Files)

Intriguing, right? Any Australian readers care to fill me in a bit more? I would love that:)

8 comments:

ComyChair said...

Carolina, I am so glad when your voice is heard in the blog world! You find the most unique and interesting things. Not the same old same old. It is so inspiring! !

Courtney said...

OMG WHAT TIMING!!!!! We just booked a trip to Melbourne in November! I promise to sniff this place out and fill you in on all the itty bitty details. And take pics, if they allow. Ahhhhh I'm dying to get there!

(this also lessons the blow of learning Donna Hay's General Store is only in Sydney. Not a location in Melbourne. I was so prepared to go bananas in that kitchen store!)

Courtney said...

Also, so curious what the price points are like! Any experts out there who know?? xx

Zelda said...

that a really cool store .. and those fox are probably really cool too .... I love Google

Annie said...

Carolina,
I'm with you...I love that vintage industrial look. It reminds one of "Found for the Home," or "Installations Antiques" here in Houston.

nicolette said...

The vintage photos look amazing. Maybe it's because it's vintage shop that it doesn't have photos? Who knows?

Nicolette
http://www.furnitureanddesignideas.com/

vintagelaundress said...

I'm so happy to have found your blog, Caroline. The industrial look always intrigues me.

Courtney said...

That looks like a shop where I'd be in heaven!!