Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A Little Confession

Those of you who read regularly know how I love to go on and on about simplicity and minimalism. Well, all that is true; but I do have a confession to make. I love, LOVE paisley patterns! Yeah! I mean paisley is about as opposite from minimalism as one can get, right? Just the word brings up images of stuffy British libraries or something. I know, but I still love it. The intricate patterns and color combinations have always intrigued me. They are sort of an optical illusion. Some of you are probably skeptical, so I found a few examples of modern ways to use such a traditional pattern. With large scale and modern colors, these paisleys are anything but stuffy:)

Don't you just love this chair? I mean no one can object to paisley, when its coming from Anthropologie! This is just so yummy!

4 comments:

Burkulater said...

I do LOVE that chair!

Cute blog!

Christy said...

Have you seen any of the paisley fabric at www.lesindiennes.com?This is the simplest of paisleys around.

Tamstyles said...

me lovvvvvves the chair

Semigloss Chic said...

I love the paisley behind the bed, a great neutral pattern.