Wednesday, August 19, 2009

A Word Of Thanks

If you're wondering, yes; this is a re-post. I've never done this before, but I just wanted thank all of you for your comments. It reminds me of one my favorite things about blogging, kinship. So many of you mentioned cutting out pictures and ideas and then cataloging them in some manner. I didn't mention this in my original article (See Below), but that is something I do too. Now I say I do it for "my work", but lets face it. I also do it for fun, just like I have been doing since I was 10 or 11 years old. Sometimes I think I should outgrow that habit but haven't yet. I just love hearing from all of you who love saving all those pretty pictures for as long as possible. So again, thanks everyone:)

XO


Carolina

As I continue my efforts to renew inspiration, I decided to clear out mental and physical clutter. Last week, I attacked my closet and this weekend I attacked my magazine stash (gasp!)
I clear out old issues once or twice a year, but its usually only a handful. This time, I decided to be ruthless!! It wasn't easy, but I made a big dent. Now, I would like to say I got rid of half of my magazines, but that would be exaggerating. I can say I cleared out about 1/3 of the stash. I'm quite proud of myself! Now don't worry, I did drag all the mags to recycling. Lucky for me I had a very strong assistant:)
(Note: No back issues of Domino were harmed during this process)

10 comments:

Ann said...

Oh what a gutsy move...

Let's hope a wonderful change and an abundance of inspiration would be on its way to you:)

Linda at Lime in the Coconut! said...

Feels great, eh?!

Semigloss Chic said...

I have made a deal in my house that I can keep all of my Domino issues, but that all others have to be recycled within a month or two. I cut corners on this by keeping them in all different rooms of the house so it doesn't look like they're piling up. And then when I do have to purge, I tearsheet like crazy! p

Annie said...

Way to go, Girl! Last month, I recycled all but the most recent magazines. I'm finally over the loss. What a conflict...being a minimalist with a magazine habit.

Kierstin Bridger said...

whoa! wish I could...I see specials about hoarders and think oh gawd...it's a slippery slope...I peurge my design mags about once a year and then I spend way too much time rereading and tearing out the good stuff!

Soulful Toaster said...

I can't bear to let my mags go for "the fear" of loosing something I might one day need! But still I just don't have the space for the piles of mags I could potentially hoard over a year.
I go through each mag after a few months and cut out anything which catches my eye and stick it in a scrap book, throwing the rest (mostly ads) in the recycling bin. It's painstaking, but worth it, I think. I have around 10 scrap books filled with jewels of inspiration!

susieq said...

I just discovered your blog. It's fabulous!

-susie q

{ http://www.eyespy.squarespace.com }

Rita said...

Feel greats, hope this will be inspirational to all others as it is for me.

Rita


Cash Online Get Easy cash at your door step

Jaana said...

Jaana at passionfruitspirit

Nice to know that there is some other magazines "collectors" out there, I like you blog... really nice photos.

Courtney said...

Hahaha. Oh, you sound like me. I hoard magazines, and I try to keep them in completely pristine condition. But then, the stacks become so unruly, every so often I force myself to go through them and cut down on the amount. And from every issue I toss, I tear endless pages for inspiration. I've been tearing from magazines since I was probably 9-- I can remember having a go at few Teen magazines (tearing prom dresses I dreamed of wearing-- dresses that were seriously dated by the time my own prom came around!)