Thursday, July 9, 2009

A Quick Stop For Inspiration

On our trip home, we decided to make a quick stop in Austin. I say quick because we weren't even there 24 hrs. That didn't stop me from photo stalking;) (Annie, I hope you like these. Ha!) I've been itching to see the Saint Cecilia Hotel, since I first heard about it. Designed by the developers of the San Jose, I knew it would have to be amazing...and it certainly was!!!
I know many bloggers have written about this place so I hope you all will indulge me. I'm just so excited about it! Also, please excuse Mr. Liam who had to walk through almost EVERY photo I took. Here's a tip: Don't take small boys when taking photos. They don't exactly know how to sit still.
I don't have many photos to share, because I didn't actually stay at the hotel, I was just passing by. Yes, I know...the definition of stalking. Honestly, there is so much inspiration that just a quick walk around supplies more than enough eye candy. One of my favorite details was the black and white tile in a chevron pattern. Oh you all know how much I love stripes!
Yeah, he knows how to pose!
My other favorite part. This hidden courtyard. The design of it isn't complicated, but its just perfection. It occurred to me how simple it would be to find a couple of simple outdoor benches and paint them bright white. This bench is one large L-shape piece but two benches placed caddy corner to one another can have the same effect. The pillows are simply made with black outdoor fabric.

The jewel-tones and the stark lines are so striking. St. Cecilia, hopefully next time I can see you from the inside.
Love ya!

11 comments:

Paloma {La Dolce Vita} said...

Wow! The hotel is gorgeous. Your pictures are amazing, too! I think Liam adds a nice touch. He is a cute little model. :)

What kind of camera do you use, Carolina? I know I have seen it at least 10 times, but I don't remember the brand or model. I really want a DSLR.

Hill Country House Girl said...

Thank you so much for sharing your photos - they were actually quite good, I think! I am crazy about that floor. Next time I am in Austin I am going stalking, too!!

Annie said...

I do love your photos of this place, Carolina! And Liam is the perfect little model, very candid. Thanks for all the eye candy.

T.L. said...

How funny! I photo-stalked the San Jose on Sunday while my husband and I were visiting Austin for the holiday. We had to stay at the Hyatt for budgetary reasons, but I SO wished we could have stayed at the San Jose. It's gorgeous!

Renae said...

Love the hotel...thanks for giving us a peak, love the leather sofa..I think I am coveting it! How handsome is Master Liam!
Blessings...

Karen W Houston said...

How funny...I stayed at St Cecilia on Thursday night. It was really cool - very relaxing atmosphere, friendly service, comfy beds, awesome rooms. The pool is so cool - it has big red bean bag chairs around it. And, the "SOUL" neon sign adds a fun touch. Rooms are very warm & traditional with a few "boom boom" touches of contemporary to make it fun & interesting. Breakfast was yummy too. A must stay!!!

HarbengerDuo said...

liam is really really cute!

i love the hotel. the landscape alone is perfect. they sure did get it right. thanks for sharing.

cassandra @ coco+kelley said...

i have been DYING to go there! it's on my list for my next texas visit - thank you so much for the little peek!

Courtney said...

I have been dying to see this in person too, but haven't yet. Your photos are so amazing they feel pretty close to being there! And I like Liam's presence in the photos-- makes it feel even more real :)

Joslyn said...

i am dying dying dying to go there. looks awesome!

Sarah's Fab Day said...

I love these and I love your darling little Liam. I'm actually heading to Austin in a couple of weeks for a very quick trip, I wonder if I can talk my hostess into taking me here...hmmm.