Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Lost In Time

Wow, I'm back! I've been gone for 9 days, visiting my family. We finally got home last night and I feel all out of sorts. Mark actually forgot which cabinet we keep our dishes in. I apologize for no posting, but I had spartan internet access, at best. In a funny way, I enjoyed being away from computers. I was able to forget about a lot of my concerns. Unfortunately, today I'm trying to catch up with the rest of the world. I found this house via Accidental Mysteries, and it reminded me of how I feel....lost in time.

This home was recently sold in St. Louis. The entire structure is a time capsule, all the way down to the matching pink bedside lamps. Go to the article here, to see how strategically placed carpet squares and a basement allowed this house to stay in such pristine condition. Its hilarious!

7 comments:

HarbengerDuo said...

that is great! something about the interior reminds me of edward scissorhands...

Annie said...

Wow! That pink bathroom gave me a shock:For a second there, I was wondering, "How did Carolina get a before photo of our pink powder room at My Ranchburger?" I know you are a stalker extraordinare but didn't know you had a time machine.

Renae said...

Wow! Those pictures remind me of life when I was a little girl! Glad you are home and were able to get away...it's always nice...but there is no place like home!
Blessings...

Carolina Eclectic said...

HD: Edward Scissorhands!! You're right...I didn't even think of that.

Carolina Eclectic said...

Annie, the bathroom reminds me of my own bathroom too. We have since taken out all the pink, but I haven't forgotten it.

Renae: I was wondering how many people would have flashbacks to their own childhood:)
P.S. There really is no place like home!

Patricia Gray said...

I understand your feeling 'lost in time'. The pictures you have shown capture that feeling perfectly. Take your time coming back to reality.

Jerry said...

Its great, design your home with bar tables