Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Feeling Blue

The color blue is on my mind lately. As many of you know, I've been obsessed with orange and green for a while now, but I find my eye jumping to all things blue. The top picture is from the portfolio of Eric Cohler. I LOVE this guy! The painted molding to coordinate with the wallpaper is such a great detail.
Strong color doesn't have to be used on a large scale like an entire room. It can be used in small doses.
Frank Roop has a great eye for adding just the right amount of blue. (Found here)


My dream would be to live in a bright blue house like this. I guess I want to be just like Frida Kahlo:)
I'm curious to know. What color are all of you smitten with, lately?

9 comments:

nicolette said...

The blue is actually executed here with a tone of brightness to it. I seriously doubt anyone will be feeling blue in these blues.

Nicolette
http://www.furnitureanddesignideas.com

Carolina Eclectic said...

Hi Nicolette
I'm sure you are right. These blues can only make you feel glad:)

Cote de Texas said...

white!

Anna Caroline said...

Hey Carolina!

How are you ?
Enjoying the summer :)

Blue, Blue.....

Like you I have had a craze over orange and green, well I still do to some extent that is.

Nice photos :)

All the best :))

/Anna Caroline
Design Studio 210

Hill Country House Girl said...

I love the rich blue of the last photo. I also want to be as creative as Frida was!

Renae said...

Light lemon yellow!

I am not a blue fan, but the images here are fun to look at!

Blessings...

Lavender & Lilies said...

I just found your blog and I love it! I love the dining room chairs.

Tiina of LiviaConcept said...

yellow. yes, my eyes jump to yellow at the momnet. very unexpected for me...

tiina
liviaconcepts.blogspot.com

ABC Dragoo said...

I have never thought myself a "blue" person until recently. Every bedroom I tare from magazines has the lightest shade of blue walls! Not kidding.

Anyway, I just wanted to pop by your blog and say hello. I am thrilled you found ABCD Design today and thought enough to leave a comment - it lead me here to discover a "new" blog for my list!

Warm regards,
ABC Dragoo at ABCD Design