Saturday, June 6, 2009

The Fabulous Flea And A Fabulous Sale.

I don't often get to write about a furniture store in houston that I've never been too, but this is one of those times! This weekend The Fabulous Flea opened its doors to the public for a rare sale. I decided I needed to jump at the chance at seeing this place, and it was worth it! I was ready to move into this beautiful space. Its so quaint and romantic:)
(This little doorway captivated me. I imagined the curious places it might lead to)
Mary Daly along with the fabulous folks at Found For the Home, put together a beautiful collection of antiques and unusual objects. P.S. If you are reading this, live in Houston, and its before 5:00 pm on Saturday....go check it out for yourself!


This beautiful carved horse head was my favorite piece! Why am I so into horses now?
I grew up in West Texas and didn't care about them then...oh well.



Ooh, I even got to take a peek at the pool house, behind the studio. I tell myself that this was special treatment,
but I'm not really sure if it was. Anyway, just had to share. Don't you just love it?!

7 comments:

Paloma {La Dolce Vita} said...

Your pictures are gorgeous! I wish I had the time to make it out there today, but I don't think I will. :( I must visit soon. It looks fabulous!

The Lil Bee said...

Oh my gosh, what a fun day! I love all the colors. Such a treat. Your pictures are great, by the way.

Sweet Caroline said...

I love the shop...Especially in the background with the Keep Calm and Carry On bulletin board. And, love the big iron thingie on the table. And, I saw so many houses in Las Vegas with fireplaces with the open covey things--and I love the firewood idea. How awesome and cozy.

Annie said...

Carolina,
Love your coverage of the event, especially your photos.

Linda at Lime in the Coconut! said...

Did you bring anything home?

Joni at Cote did a post, and my eye went immediatly to that gorgeous steed...so nice to see an even closer shot.

What a beautiful place!

My Notting Hill said...

You have the best stores in Houston - even the ones that are open for just a short time.

Freshly Found said...

What an amazing place!oxingea