Monday, June 8, 2009

Beautiful Portfolio: Phoebe Howard Home

I am passionate about wonderful details. I often admire a handbag because of its beautiful stitching or a painting because of a bold brush stroke. The other day I ran across the portfolio of Pheobe Howard Home, and loved their attention detail. So many of even the tiniest things are done so beautifully. Of course, the challenge when you work on the details is to still keep the big picture in mind. (I know because that is my number one struggle EVERY day!) I think these spaces manage to balance both of those factors.
Marble, marble! Still loving it!


8 comments:

coco+kelley said...

love the pop of those colorful books in the white shelving! what lovely, soft room!

Sweet Caroline said...

I love the art above the sofa in the first picture. It seems like the neutral paint is back...thank goodness. If I see anymore dark colors in people's houses I might have to grab a spray can and start neutralizing it! I LOVE how you have your link on your twitter--it helps me follow you so much easier...

nicolette said...

I love the room designs! It's clean, and elegant. Not only that, the colors from the items really stand out.

Nicolette
http://www.furnitureanddesignideas.com/

LindsB said...

I love her work, such beautiful spaces. I love how the books are arranged on the shelves, what a great addition of color

adriennep said...

Oh how cute, I love the built in bench seating in the dining room!

The Design Boards said...

I love the last photo of the breakfast nook...I am a huge fan of breakfast nooks!

Renae said...

lovely....I would just love to have that chandelier in the dining room!

vitrum said...

what you can do is smear mayonnaise and bologna all over your walls and hang bread from the ceiling. Its not hot but I guarantee it is unique.
or you could give your living room so maybe black leather furniture to compliment the enterainment center and then have a color that contrasts with that maybe a red and have red appliances.
http://www.shopdownlite.com/tommy_bahama_bedding.php