Thursday, April 30, 2009

The Cool Room

I'm feeling inspired by an Australian furniture store called "The Cool Room".
This is a guy after my own heart. He started collecting quirky and unique
objects since childhood and now shares them with the world.

This reminds me of being a kid and begging my mom to buy vintage jewelry and 1950's dinette sets.
Not that she usually listened to me, except for the jewelry. I collected vintage earrings, rings, and
necklaces that I would wear while still in elementary school. The funny thing is, to this day;
my jewelry is collected in the exact same manner!

11 comments:

manuel said...

I really love that side table and the art work! The bed and the floors are great too!

Carolina Eclectic said...

Manuel, is it safe to say you pretty much like everything?

manuel said...

hmmm... you got me! yes, totally safe to say I love everything! nonchalant style at its best!

The Lil Bee said...

How awesome! Sometimes I wish I'd been more of a pack rat...would be fun to look over those collections now. Thankfully my grandma had some great ones, which I've inherited.

Joslyn said...

you were so ahead of your time ;-)

Caitlin Ella said...

Oh sorry I left my comment on the wrong post. But I will ask again, do you know where I can get a drift wood ladder like that?

Linda at Lime in the Coconut! said...

How FUN! I love love love a home that shows personality and a sesnse of humor...there is such a confidence in it.Thats what drew me to your blog...even the name!

The quirkier the better I say!

Meg said...

cute story about you collecting jewels! love the photos!

down and out chic said...

the painting of that chair is great...it would certainly brighten up any space.

Emily said...

there is something about that bottom bedroom that I am really loving. Somehow, I can't put my finger on what it is.

xo - emily

http://wideopenspaces.squarespace.com/

bestpmchennai said...

Great thoughts you got there, believe I may possibly try just some of it throughout my daily life

Cool Rooms