Monday, March 16, 2009

On My Mind: Exposed Beams

A detail I can't seem to get off my mind lately, is exposed beams in the ceiling. Maybe its because I dream of having soaring ceiling heights, but in reality I live w/ only 8ft. If I were willing, and by "I", I mean my husband and I; we could tear out the boring ceiling and give our home a lot more interest and breathing space. I'm not holding my breath for the collective "I" to make that decision, but I really do love this idea!

Be sure to see the rest of this amazing home renovation, via Inhabitat.

Design Sponge.
How I would love to move into this kitchen. I might even have to cook something.

6 comments:

Tsetso Dobrev said...

Nice!! :)

Carolina Eclectic said...

Hi Tsetso.
Thanks for commenting.

Julie said...

I also love wood beams. You should take a look at a post I made this week about a gorgeous Hotel in a Spanish colonial architecture building which has wood beams all over. Absolutely gorgeous.

Sarah's Fab Day said...

The ceilings are gorgeous!

The Design Boards said...

very cool pics!

Southwest Cottage Designs said...

I'm a new follower of your eclectic blog. I love eclectic!! Today I was reading your post on exposed beams which I also like very much and would like to use in my fixer upper hubby and I are getting ready to remodel.