Sunday, January 25, 2009

Sunday Abstraction: Pretty Balloons





What is it about balloons that I think we all love? Lately I notice them everywhere.
As a little girl, I treasured every new balloon I would receive. Of course, it was all the more heart breaking
when I would lose hold of the string and the balloon quickly flew into the sky. I cried every time that happened.
I think all the pretty images of balloons reminded me of that. The funny thing is, I still love them!
Does anyone outgrow their love of balloons? I think not.


Links:
1. The most romantic image of a balloon ever!
2. Harder Hit by Loquat. This was an instant favorite for me!
3. Sofia Coppola's tribute to being "Pretty in Pink" via A View To.

This just in...
Check out Pink Wallpaper's article about balloons too!

10 comments:

Patricia Gray said...

Balloons are the ultimate to take you right back to your childhood!

Pink Wallpaper said...

that is too funny!! i love the first pic....so beautiful!

Carolina Eclectic said...

PW: I know! You posted an entire new set of balloon images I love.

Patricia: You are so right. I still imagine myself floating away, if I had enough balloons in hand:)

Shane said...

OMG you are so right ballons are everywhere at the moment.

haha that is too ironic I was just thinking that today in town I thought i was imagining things.

Joslyn said...

my girls are totally and completely obsessed with balloons...

Freshly Found said...

Balloons have a pleasing shape - rather like hearts - simple yet uplifting

Kierstin Bridger said...

Love that video...reminds me of that old tune 99 Red Balloons..who was that by?

Carolina Eclectic said...

Kiersten, it was Nena! I thought the same thing. Thanks for giving me an opportunity to use my love of trivia:)

redredday said...

hi Carolina, i am so inspired by the pink balloon photo you posted...feeling a quiet stirring for a new spoon creation from it... hopefully, something will come out from it. just wanna thank you for that and say hi. :).

p.s. thanks for the flickr tag. best of all was reading your list of random things. me too my mind has not caught up with my age.

Katie Ricky said...

Oh this balloons are amazing. I love the movie The Red Balloon. Have you seen the new spread in this months glamour? It has Emma Roberts as Audrey Hepburn holding a bunch of balloons.

Check it out here:
http://kisforkatie.blogspot.com/2009/03/iconic-glamour.html