Monday, December 29, 2008

So Very Clever!

Isn't funny how people who are creative at one thing, seem to be creative at many things? The people of Ferm Living also have a cool blog that I just discovered. (Excuse me if this is not news to you). I am completely infatuated w/ this idea of wallpapering the inside of a lampshade w/ this amazing wallpaper. Just think of the possibilities!! Sconces, giant pendants....I'm so excited thinking about it! Now I just have to decide which pattern I like best. What's your pick?

6 comments:

Uncle Beefy said...

LOVE it! At first I thought it was some elaborate paper cutting or something (If there's a harder way to do something...I'll usually think of it!) But wallpaper on the inside...genius! I think it would be hard to go wrong with any of those choices, Carolina!

Happy New Year!

Carolina Eclectic said...

UB: I'm afraid I tend to find the complicated way too. I guess that's why I this idea excites me so much...simple (now there's a concept)

Happy New Year to you too:)

Courtney said...

Love it as well. I have a lampshade like this from Anthro years ago and every time I turn it on, I smile. It's like a little surprise once the lights are out. Hope you had a great Christmas. Your cold weather pics made me envious :)
xx

Room design studio said...

why didnt i think of that!! thanks for sharing!!

Alex said...

Very cool lampshade...as too choosing a wallpaper - I'd go with the B/W trees, as the others make me think of neurons and synapses firing away! Hmmm, maybe I should stay away from that 2nd pot of coffee.

Tania Lovering Designs said...

I love the wallpaper lamp - such a simple idea and so effective - such great design. I've been thinking about painting a cherry blossom silhouette on the inside of a shade but could never get past the heat/paint element. Thanks for posting this!!