Tuesday, July 22, 2008

My Dream House This Week (Part II): Cowboy Cool

Maybe its my upbringing, but I LOVE this California ranch! I have to admit that when I think "ranch", "cowboy", California doesn't just pop into my head; but hey its working! Architect Lloyd Russell combined contemporary architecture with desert living. The large metal canopy that sits above the main structure, serves to control the temperature inside the house. During the day, the canopy keeps out the extreme sun; and at night it preserves some of the warm air around the house, during the chilly desert night.


Looking at the interior, I imagine Georgia O'Keeffe; living here.


Any house that has space for dancing and sitting outside with friends, is just right for me! If only I could get Mark to actually dance. Found via Los Angeles Times and Materialicious.

8 comments:

Courtney said...

this house is beautiful! And I'd come over and dance with you.

Linda at Lime in the Coconut! said...

Love this cool ranch! but REALLY love your whole blog! Great eclectic eye!

I'm off to look at all of your older posts...fun, fun!

Mind if I link you??

Sarah's Fab Day said...

I love this house, so open. Nice find.

Sidney Ann said...

This place is amazing! I especially love that rodeo picture. Ooh la la.

Uncle Beefy said...

I LOVE this place!!! I could absolutely suffer things out in a home like this! That tub! Joyous!

And if there's a poll or a stage, I'll dance too! (Ooh, wait...I don't think I meant to say that?) ;)

Carolina Eclectic said...

Thanks Courtney...you're probably a better dancer, anyway:)

Linda: You are too sweet. I'd love it if you linked me, and I'm going to check out your blog too! Thanks for commenting.

Hi Sarah, I think the open feel is what really makes it great.

Carolina Eclectic said...

Hi Sidney Ann, I think more people should have rodeo pictures around...why not?

UB: Your comment is too vivid, for me! Now I will be picturing you and the pole all day:)

{this is glamorous} said...

What a charming, charming place! Love that people are sitting around under a tree in their stetsons. Hope you're having a lovely weekend, Carolina.