Monday, July 21, 2008

My Dream House This Week: Danish Modern.



I haven't posted a "Dream Home" recently, because I haven't felt inspired. This week on the other hand, I feel so inspired; that I'm going to post two houses! I will post the second one later today, or tomorrow morning. This is the former home of Danish midcentury designer, Finn Juhl. It is part of a museum in Copenhagen, and preserves the designer's work and way of life. I'm fascinated with this house, because although it is furnished with pieces that are 50 and 60 years old; it is so fresh! I would move in and not consider changing much. The house has a farm house casualness, but the furnishings are intelligent and attractive.

10 comments:

karina said...

Fresh an beautiful, I adore the paint
in the first picture.

erika said...

LOVE these pictures!

Abbey Goes Design Scouting said...

I'm with you! This is a fantastic home!!! Thanks for finding!

Sandra Evertson said...

Delicious!
Sandra Evertson

Linda at Lime in the Coconut! said...

ok....love this one even more than the first one. Don't mind me...new blogger, just travellin' through your great blog.....carry on.

Joslyn said...

this is one of my absolute favorite spaces.

pve design said...

great dane - love it for the fact that it looks simply mod and easy to live in.

coco+kelley said...

LOVING that first image! while i prefer more of a mix than a single look myself, this has some great pieces in it!

lolo said...

Great design. Do you know the artist behind the woman in the yellow top in the first photograph? i have been trying to work it out? inspiring blog.

lolo said...

inspiring blog. can you tell me the artist of the woman in the yellow top in the painting in the first photograph, i love it? thank you.