Monday, July 7, 2008

Let's Take a Trip.

I just returned from a short weekend trip. The problem is that it really wet my appetite for travel. I would like to spend the rest of the week writing about wonderful places I would like to visit. Many of you are returning from a long weekend, just like I am; and may not be ready for Monday. Check out this amazing post from Pia Jane Bijkerk, and ease into the week. While sitting in a Parisian cafe, she recorded the sounds that accompanied this wonderful shot. I can feel a cool breeze and imagine the wonderful aromas that must have been part of this scene. I love this idea so much! There are several other "soundscape" posts that are just as dreamy, so don't miss them.

5 comments:

Fifi Flowers said...

That is such a lovely photo... I could imagine sitting there and drinking cup after cup... people watching, laughing and chatting with a friend... or sitting quietly with a good FUN book!

Carolina Eclectic said...

Hi Fifi Flowers, I'm w/ you :)

filmtunes said...

Wonderful visit, keep it going.
As a restaurant design professional I am always thrilled when the public not only notices a restaurant's design but is moved enough to pass these impressions along. good or bad.
Again, keep up the great work.
All the best,
Michael
www.restaurantsbydesign.com

{this is glamorous} said...

Carolina, so glad you for the reminder to check out Pia's site! Just heard the Parisian café soundscape, and it was brilliant!

Carolina Eclectic said...

Hi Michael. It is encouraging when people become more aware of their environment. Thanks for your comment.

TIG: Oh, the soundscapes are so romantic. I love them.