Thursday, June 5, 2008

The Ultimate "Domino" Home.

I know this is an oldie, but it is a goodie. This is the home of Domino magazine editor Deborah Needleman, via New York Magazine. I wonder why this has never been in Domino? Its so drop-dead gorgeous. She uses my preferred palette of soft muted tones, with jolts of color. The living room is very sophisticated, but it still looks like a place I would go curl-up for a nap. Speaking of sleeping, the master bedroom is a dream come true. I love the mix of patterns on the bed.

7 comments:

diana @ please sir said...

YES - I'm in LOVE!! Such a great table and bed!

Carolina Eclectic said...

Don't you just love the linen tablecloth? Every detail is wonderful.

Marie Louise said...

You're right, this is a great living room. It's actually sort of the look I have been going for in my own new home. I am just one year in a contemporary home after 20 in an 1855 colonial. Trying to get the hang of it!

Carolina Eclectic said...

ML: That is quite a change! I agree that this look is a great transition.

About Lauren... said...

Love the pictures! I swear they've used her bedroom and headboard before in shots...

Topsy Turvy said...

What I love about these rooms, especially the bedroom, is the casually put-together look - undecorated, untrendy, and comfortable - very French. And I don't think it's as easy as it looks!
-Lana

Leah said...

Makes me wonder what kind of crazy-sick money she's making to afford a place like that in Manhattan.

Publishing -- even if you're the the editor-in-chief of a major national magazine -- doesn't pay THAT much ...