Monday, May 12, 2008

A Pretty and Child Friendly Home.


I've been so busy, I don't really have a "Dream Home" for the week. But, this morning I did find a very charming house; I wanted to share. It achieves the illusive combination of "child friendly" and "attractive"...not easy. I like this home because it is good looking and fun. Personally, I think a home with kids should provoke their imaginations. Why should kids have to grow up in boring stuffy homes? I also don't like, when kids aren't allowed to touch or sit on a lot of the furniture. Kids need their homes to be their refuge just as much as adults do, (just my personal opinion).
I'm not a "Pink" person, but I LOVE this kitchen! Its so fresh. The muted gray cabinets balance out the pink, and keeps it from feeling juvenile. One of the best details is the chalkboard paint on the cabinets. Maybe if I had chalkboard paint, I would have less problems with my little artist?



Images via PointClickHome.

12 comments:

Sarah's Fab Day said...

I love chalkboard paint. I'm dying to try it somewhere but I will have to skim the walls and that is a major stumbling block.

Carolina Eclectic said...

Hi Sarah. I know what you mean. I would like to try chalkboard paint too.

Freshly Found said...

Beauthiful! I love the bedroom too! And that chalkboard is fun for kids and adults too!

Elements of Style said...

I love it! The pink kitchen is surprisingly fabulous- I would never think to use that color int hat room!

Ann said...

The chalkboard paint would definitely be a hit for my son and niece. Homes that are child-friendly and lively are what kids need during their growing up years. It takes a lot of stress from parents too.

Lovely home.

Apt. #34 said...

omg, you just made my day. That Frenchie is cracking me up - thank you!

SOUL PRETTY said...

I almost painted my kitchen pink last year...dang...I should have...this room is so hot...I'm working on a kitchen with a client now, maybe I can talk her into pink....

{this is glamorous} said...

Really like this home--so cheerful and inviting--love the pink kitchen!

BTW {Thanks so much, Carolina, for your great comment at BlackEiffel about my fridge!}

Carolina Eclectic said...

I think pink needs to be the new color for kitchens, along w/ chalkboard paint!

Carolina Eclectic said...

Apt. 34: That little guy is cute isn't he?

TIG: Well, your fridge is as fab. as your blog. Evian water and chocolate...who needs anything else?

j u s t i m a g i n e said...

wow.......I've been debating where or not to put chalkboard paint on my kitchen wall.......but i have a space exactly like this one under the bench and NEVER thought of using that !!!!! thank you !!!

Carolina Eclectic said...

JI: Go for it!! Try out the chalkboard paint, I'm sure it will look great.