Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Progress Report: My Vintage Furniture Booth.

In case anyone is wondering, I have been working on my furniture booth. I still have a lot to do, but I have moved in and I am open for business. Actually, I have already sold several things, and have been getting some great feedback. I'll tell you, it is not easy to move in all my things and have people watching me as I set up. I feel like every item says something about me, so I feel like everyone is judging me on a personal level. (I'm trying to get over that). I still want to change the background fabric, but I had to move in a little sooner than I was ready.
Here are my favorite helpers, working very hard. I have a lot more midcentury pieces than I could fit, I'm concerned that the booth has a sort of rustic look...that's not what I'm aiming for. But of course, I love anything that is rusty or with peeling paint. Not all of my pieces are vintage, I do have a few new pieces too.

For any of you who are in The Heights in Houston, come visit my booth at Heights Antiques on Yale. I don't work in the store, but I do check in periodically. I will post more pictures as I make more progress, but you can see a few more on my Flickr site.

14 comments:

Joslyn said...

congrats! how exciting...it's looking really cool.

Courtney said...

I've been waiting for you to do a post on this! Looks great - I have to get over there. Seeing lots of things I love!

erika said...

i'm glad i'm 8 hours from Houston, otherwise I'd spend all my extra money on your great finds! looks great!!!!

Carolina Eclectic said...

Thanks girls, I appreciate the support. Its funny how nervous I've been about putting my stuff for everyone to see. I know that for the most part, it is very different than the other booths. I'm not sure if that is a good or bad thing :)

Sarah's Fab Day said...

Congrats on your booth, it looks great! If I were a little closer I would for sure come to check it out.

Carolina Eclectic said...

Thanks Sarah, maybe you need to come visit :)

About Lauren... said...

I can't wait to see everything in person, congrats!
-Lauren

Marie Louise said...

I think your booth looks great. Don't worry that it's not perfect. It's an evolving work in progress. What counts is that you got it up and running!

Sandra Evertson said...

more than beautiful here...
Sandra Evertson

Topsy Turvy said...

How exciting! I wish I could come visit :( It looks great already, Carolina.
-Lana

My Notting Hill said...

Looks great. Love the green jug and the lamps.

Carolina Eclectic said...

Thanks Lauren, you should let me know when you will be there.

ML: My husband is always telling the same thing. I have a habit of wanting everything to be just right, before I move forward

Thanks Sandra, it is very exciting :)

Carolina Eclectic said...

Lana: I wish you could come too! Thanks for your kind words.

MNH: Thank you, I actually have more goodies, than I have space for.

Freshly Found said...

Congratulations! Ihope it does very well and brings you and your customers lots of joy!!!