Monday, May 5, 2008

My Dream House This Week: Retro Touches.

Every week, I post pictures of dream homes, because I always run across houses that make me swoon. Lately, though I really, really have the "moving bug". You know, when you are constantly fantasizing about moving into a new house and a new neighborhood. This small house, would be just the kind of place I would like to find. It is designed by Ellen Hanson. It has a lot of retro details, but it doesn't feel like a bad flashback. The vintage touches make up a very fresh look.

This is a great idea for making the most of a hallway...make it an art gallery. Also, if your hallway is wide enough, add an interesting furniture piece. A piece like the one above is perfect for storing linens, toys, or whatever.


4 comments:

House & Life said...

Definitely swoon material! I love the grey and orange on the blog, tres chic as well!

mamacita said...

I'm loving that kitchen. And yes, small houses rock in many ways.

Cote de Texas said...

You always have the best dream houses! Happy cinco de mayo!
Joni

Carolina Eclectic said...

H&L, and Joni: Aw shucks, thanks for the nice comments.

Mamacita: Totally agree!