Monday, May 19, 2008

My Dream Home This Week: A Domino Favorite.

I'm loving Domino's look at their 3rd anniversary. It brings to memory a few favorite homes, especially the home of actress Amanda Peet. Remember this place? Its so refreshingly colorful and bohemian...love it :) It doesn't fit what I would think of as a "movie star's" home. I think that's what makes it so fun. I love all the colorful accessories placed in a bright white home. The picture below is probably my favorite. Of course, I love the striped rug. I am also crazy about the saltillo tile. I'm not sure if its a cultural thing or a regional thing, but I never tire of saltillo.


I need a metal shelf like this one. It looks so great with the collection of books and fabrics. The stylishly disheveled look of this house is so charming.

11 comments:

Pink Wallpaper said...

i love her eating area...

Joslyn said...

i love this house too...especially her daughter's room, it's one of my all time faves.

Be the change..... said...

I love those shelves as well! I forgot all about his house from domino and am falling in love again :-) I love that it is feminine but without being over the top!

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

Such pretty rooms!

Melissa

{this is glamorous} said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
{this is glamorous} said...

Always loved this home--the white walls and amazing hits of colour, the dining area with the metal French café chairs, the way things like books and fabric are arranged . . . it's beautiful, yet still comfortable.

Carolina Eclectic said...

PW. and Joslyn: The eating area and bedroom, are so fun and charming.

BTC: I agree w/ you...very pretty but not too girlie. (Its just right).

Melissa: You are so right :)

Carolina Eclectic said...

TIG: I think the white walls really make the place. I normally love walls w/ color, but now I'm loving white!

Joanna Goddard said...

i loved amanda peet's place. her art was so great, and her little girl's room was so sweet too, with that poster of Funny Girl!

Carolina Eclectic said...

Hi Joanna: They did make great use of the artwork, very fun.

MABELLE said...

I am SO in love with her home too! thanks for sharing! did you know that she also bought the home on Something's Gotta Give? Apparently she purchased it and had it moved? It's pretty much one of my all time favorite homes so I'd be interested to see what she has done with it...