Saturday, April 19, 2008

Letting My Mind Wander


I know I have been posting more than usual, but I am going to take a break for a few days; so I thought I would give all of you some things to read. Perhaps, the most important thing I would love for everyone to read, is an article called "27 Thoughts on Blogging for the Artist".
I've noticed a lot of bloggers have been running out of steam, and wondering what the point of maintaining their blogs. I sometimes feel the same way. I wonder if anyone really cares. I get disappointed when no one comments or my stats drop...its ridiculous but true. I also struggle to keep pushing my personal and professional goals. Trying to be a wife, mom, designer, and blogger can be daunting. I sometimes question why I'm pushing so hard. I realized that a lot of times I am only trying to impress people or make others think I am Super Woman. Lately, I've been trying to get back to what is really important. I am trying to find and fulfill my purpose in life and not to impress others; but because it is who I am. I am taking some time off to rest and ponder. Taking long drives is one of the ways I get my thoughts straightened out. I am going to take time to rediscover the things that really inspire me. I hope this article encourages others to do the same.
Be back next week :)

11 comments:

erika said...

enjoy your hiatus... you will be missed!! about to read that article!

Freshly Found said...

Enjoyedreading the article. Have a refreshing and inspiring break!!!

Katrine K said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katrine K said...

Thanks for the comment, your blog is so inspiring!
(KatrineK.typepad.com)

My Notting Hill said...

Love the image - now I want some cool driving gloves!

Your post was really on target - blogging has 2 sides to the coin - the fun and the not-so-fun. Maybe blogging stress comes from a pressure to post all the time just because it can be done? I'm at my least happy blogging when I "plan" my topics - and at the happiest when I go w/what I"m thinking about at the moment. (plus I've only been doing it for 3 months so I'm still a new-be) Love your blog and have a great break!

Things That Inspire said...

I have not read the article yet (will do that next), but wanted to comment on the 'blog purpose' idea. I used to try to come up topics so I could post every other day, but I tend to write more involved posts and it was not working. So, now, I have decided to post once a week on topics that are truly inspiring and interesting to me. My views and comments are down, but that's OK! I see it as quality vs. quantity. Plus, the blog subscription is a great thing because at least I know that someone out there will see what I write, even if they never comment.

SOUL PRETTY said...

So, feeling underwhelmed...I see my blog as a personal diary...I've always wanted one...but, with pictures and now I have it...it's a record of what I was into at any given time...I love that people like you stop by and my wish for my visitor is that they are inspired or learn something new...that's all I'm looking for when searching blogs for myself...so, don't stop...keep inspiring 1 or 1,000...Do it for you...and who knows, you may make a new friend...

PHORM Interiors said...

Hi Carolina
Thnak you for articulating so wonderfully something that we all feel on occasion.
Take some time out and we all look forward to your return.
and, on a personal note, Steven and I both really appreciate all the support and kind words you have given us!
Chin up!
Ian

About Emily... said...

I know what you mean about your mind going blank on blog topics....go relax and take some time for yourself! I completely understand- finally going on vacation tomorrow for the first time in almost two years!

Emily

In(side) the Loop said...

Enjoy your time off and letting your mind rest...and wander to wonderful places!

You will be dearly missed in blogland.

Pink Wallpaper said...

girl i hear you!! time out is wonderful! but you better come back...