Monday, April 7, 2008

My Dream Home, This Week: Kelly Hoppen

Let's do something a little different this week. I am including a few still shots of this week's dream home, but I am also including a link to a video of it. This week's home is that of another of my design heroes, Kelly Hoppen. I like to think of myself as an eclectic person and designer but, I bow down to Kelly's abilities to create eclectic interiors. Kelly's home is well chronicled in her current book called funny enough, "Kelly Hoppen Home: From Concept to Reality".
If you haven't seen this book, I recommend running out and getting it as soon as possible! Its fascinating and beautiful. I also love, that she goes into great detail about her approach to design.
I find I am drawn to anything with a very graphic quality. That quality is something this house has by the ton. The dark floors against the crisp white walls make a great backdrop for the hints of color used in the furnishings. Check out the bright yellow wingback in the first picture! I am excited that Marie Claire Maison has a short video of Kelly's home and an interview with her. I couldn't see a way of uploading the video directly to my blog, so there is a link to it below. Enjoy! (If you're wondering the interview is in English, but you can practice your French by reading the subtitles).

11 comments:

inkysocks said...

your site is fantastic--i'm really enjoying it!

Carolina Eclectic said...

Hi Inkysocks! Thanks a lot :)

PHORM Interiors said...

How bizarre...we are so in sync! We just recieved this book in the mail and have been oohing and aahhing all day!
Great post!
Ian

Freshly Found said...

I have alwysa admired Kelly Hoppen's work. I love the simplicity and freshness of her style. I also have a soft spot for her because she was born in South Africa. I made a point of visiting her shop in London when I was there!

{this is glamorous} said...

Hello Carolina--the first two shots are beautiful--love the yellow chair! Looking forward to picking up a copy of the book.

Carolina Eclectic said...

Ian: It is bizarre how people who have never met, can think so similarly! I guess its true, what they say about great minds :)

Denise: I am so jealous! I would love to see her shop some day.

Carolina Eclectic said...

TIG: The book has better pictures of the yellow chair. The legs are covered in the same fabric, it is such a cool detail!

Mélanie said...

It is my dream home too ! Can we share it ?
Black and YELLOw ....my favorite colors

Paloma said...

Those ebonized floors are to die for! I love the contrast going on there.

My Notting Hill said...

Great pics. thanks for the link to the video - going to check it out now.

Carolina Eclectic said...

Melanie: Let's go for it. I will take one half and you the other.

Paloma: I think the floors maybe on of my favorite features. They are gorgeous.

MNH: I hope you enjoy the video. Very interesting.