Monday, April 14, 2008

Lost in Translation



In my previous post I mentioned that I would love to travel to Japan someday. By coincidence, I ran across Lost in Translation; showing on television. I hadn't seen this movie in a while, and I had forgotten how much I love it. I love the subtle storyline of two Americans in Japan. It is such a surreal place from an American perspective. I found this clip that reveals Bill Murray's mysterious whisper at the end of the film. I could go on and on, about how much I like this movie. I also love Bill Murray and Scarlett Johansson, they are such an unlikely and wonderful couple. If you haven't seen this movie, you are really missing out. See it!!!

4 comments:

LondonCalling said...

Thanks for the suggestion! Always looking for a good movie.

Carolina Eclectic said...

Oh yes, its a must see. Its kind off-beat, and some of the humor is very subtle. I'm crazy about it.

Cote de Texas said...

omg - it's one of my favorite movies and I've always hated the ending becuase he just left her there!!!! aw, so you think they got back together? Kind of like rhett and scarlett? that rhymes, never realized that. makes me want to go watch it and followed it up with Marie Antionette.

Carolina Eclectic said...

Joni, the movie has a totally different ending this way. It makes me feel better about too.