Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Eye Catching.



Now I keep noticing patterned tile wall treatments, after seeing the kitchen blacksplash in "My Dream Home". I think the look is so exciting! I guess you could call me a design nerd. Oh well, what can I say. The top picture is from a blog I just found called Decor Fellow. It is a restaurant in Santa Barbara designed by Michael S. Smith.
The second picture is not actually tile, but a wallpaper. This is a great idea for a quick change or a less expensive option. Now, I don't know how long it would hold up as a backsplash. I would consider looking for a nice pattern in a commercial grade paper. They are a little better suited for a kitchen. I found this on Ninainvorm's flickr site.

6 comments:

Fay said...

Love the Michael S. Smith design in Santa Barbara....the brown furniture works well with the tile wall. I would love to do a restaurant gig one day. Hey, didn't know you lived in Houston area until I saw your pix on Joni's blog....Wish I could have joined you ladies in all that design blog talk...Red River Interiors

Carolina Eclectic said...

Hi Fay, the blog talk really is fun. Its fascinating for all of us to get together, because you know if it wasn't for our blogs; we would never cross paths.
P.S. I would love to do a restaurant design too. I designed a church cafe once. That sort of counts I guess.

Marie Louise said...

Love both these wall patterns - shade of Morroco. I used to fire my own tile and did patterns similar to these that I once installed in a former apartment of mine in NYC. Hmmmm...maybe the look is coming back!

Decor Fellow said...

The Moroccan Tile wall is even better in person! And the service was top notch. Thanks for the nod and adding me to your blog roll:)

pve design said...

I want to walk on the walls when I see those amazing eye-catching patterns! It looks hip and eclectic - could go urban mod or rustic ~

Carolina Eclectic said...

ML: How fascinating! I think you should totally make your tiles again. I would love to see them.

DF: Thanks for the behind the scenes info. I really enjoy your blog.

PVE: I agree w/you about how versatile these tiles are.