Sunday, April 13, 2008

Hotel Screen Kyoto

One of my life's goal is to travel to Japan some day. I think it is such a beautiful country, and the culture fascinates me. Of course, being the design addict that I am; I also would love to experience Japanese design up close. I love the Japanese aesthetic because it is so clean, delicate, straight forward and serene. On the day I do get to travel there, I would love to stay at the Hotel Screen Kyoto. Every room in the hotel was planned by a different artist or designer, so no two rooms are alike.

(Via Happy Mundane)

5 comments:

the House of Beauty and Culture said...

Kyoto is a must. It is everything that one imagines Japan to be.

My Notting Hill said...

Love the pendant light fixtures.

{this is glamorous} said...

Just saved the shot of the lights last week--love the design of this hotel--the white slats and chandelier are such an interesting and beautiful combination. Hope you had a great weekend.

Freshly Found said...

I had no desire to visit Japan until I became a blogger. I am intrigued by all the design that I have found emanates from there and now, I agree, I would love to go!

Carolina Eclectic said...

Hi everyone! Thanks for your comments. This hotel really is so beautiful. Who would like to meet me there?