Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Not a Baby Anymore.


My little guy is almost three years old now. He is getting so big and mature. I never would have thought that I could be so sentimental about his growing up.
Before I sat down to work on my blog, Mark and I tucked Liam in for the night. I was singing him a song, when he interrupts me to say, "Mama, don't sit on people's blankets". That made me chuckle, so I moved over. Then I started to brag on him because he actually made it through the day without any accidents in his pants, (which is a pretty big deal too); he again interrupts to say "Shhh, Mama; I go to sleep now". Of course, this is the kid who usually requires multiple songs, glass after glass of milk, and the assurance that someone stays in his room until he is unconscious. The funny thing, about Liam growing up, is that I am the one who struggles keeping up with it. I miss the baby things he used to do. I'm always sad when he begins to pronounce a word correctly. Ahh, I'm sure I am in for a lot of fun this year.

11 comments:

design for mankind. said...

He is sooooooo cute!!! :0

caroline : my pocket said...

Aaw... He is such a sweetie. I love how he's living life so fast his feet are not touching the ground in that photo :)! Bless. They do grow up so quickly that age... xoxo

Pink Wallpaper said...

well he is such a cutie!! i can't believe mine is already 10 months.

Carolina Eclectic said...

Hi everyone! Thanks for your sweet comments. Of course, I must agree that he is so cute.

Bronwyn said...

He looks adorable, they do grow up so fast!

{this is glamorous} said...

He is such a darling! And it seems like he's developing his own little personality :)

Cote de Texas said...

oh my dear - just you wait! it's the saddest thing in the world when they wave at you while driving off. you have no idea what's in store for you. think of me in 10 years saying this,ok? because it means nothing now, but boy - it's a heartbreaker. And, on the other hand - having a real adult, instead of a baby is a wonderful thing too. they become a friend or a relative that you just love. It's all very weird, but great at the same time. AND he IS adorable!

Carolina Eclectic said...

Oh Joni, you are scaring me! Unfortunately, I know you are right. Although, I am enjoying having little conversations with him, and seeing more and more of his personality.

Carolina Eclectic said...

Bronwyn: They do grow up too fast. Although, I never think that when he is keeping me up all night.
TIG: Thank you. He is a little character, already!

Anna Spiro said...

So cute and I so agree with you about them growing up so fast. My son is now 5 and just started school - now that's scary! And tonight I came home from work and he was writing numbers 1 to 20 with his nanny - unbelievalbe!! When did he learn to write?!!
X
Anna

Carolina Eclectic said...

Anna: That is so funny you should say that. Just today I took my son to a grocery store we have in TX. called H.E.B. as we were walking up to it he says, H..E..B! He really surprised me.