Friday, March 21, 2008

Easter Dresses.

(Me, Circa 1981)
I'm curious to know how many of you still go out and buy new Easter dresses. When I was growing up, that was one of the highlights of the year! The frilly dress with matching shoes, stockings, and hair bows. And don't forget the Easter basket. Somewhere along the way, this stopped being as important for me. I still keep Easter as an important holiday and time of observance, but I forgot about the new dress. I guess life got so busy, I just forgot. Funny enough, this weekend is also Liam's birthday. I went to buy some new clothes for him, when I realized how many girls were busy shopping for their own dresses. I can honestly say it was the first time in a couple of years that I wanted to buy an Easter dress for myself. Of course, the store had been almost bought out of everything! Needless to say, I still didn't get the dress...but next year I will be more ready.

P.S. I was tagged by the lovely Courtney yesterday. I've been a little busy so I can't get to that until next week. I do enjoy being tagged, for whatever reason; so I promise to participate after this busy weekend.
I hope everyone enjoys this holiday weekend and let me know if you get all dressed up :)

Thank you for all the fun comments, I will be back on Tuesday!

10 comments:

My Notting Hill said...

I don't but over the years its been great fun to take my daughter out to shop for her Easter dress.

Carolina Eclectic said...

Maybe this is something you outgrow. It is fun to continue traditions w/ your kids though...they enjoy it so much.

In(side) the Loop said...

I don't buy new Easter dresses now, but you're right - it's so much fun and it also used to put me in the mood for Spring!

About Emily... said...

Same with our family! We used to get so excited that Easter was coming up and went out and bought our white shoes and pastel dresses! I can't tell you the last time I had an "Easter outfit"- but I kinda miss it! I guess that's something to look forward to when you have kids :)

SOUL PRETTY said...

I just like you once loved Easter, getting the dress, hat and ow, I loved white gloves...I have an old Easter picture on my blog...soulpretty.blogspot.com check it out...Today I have a daugther, she is 11 and I have never made her an Easter dress until this year...also on the blog...I felt a little guilty because my mom made our Easter outfits every year...My daughter loves her new dress and is really proud that her mom made it for her...I should have done it earlier...but, as you know life gets busy...Happy Easter

David Jimenez said...

Hello Carolina Eclectic,
Thank you for the wonderful post you did about me on January 26! I just became aware of it -- through Ali at House and Life -- and it was a great surprise. You made my day! I can't tell you how much the thoughtful and supportive comments from your readers means to me. I had an opportunity to check out your blog and have become a new fan.
Keep up the great work!

Warm regards,

David
djimenez.com,

design for mankind. said...

HELLO?! CUTEST LITTLE GIRL EVER!!! :)

Carolina Eclectic said...

Hi Courtney,Emily,and S.P. Thanks for commenting! I don't know if its a small town thing, or old school, but when I was growing up; grown women always dressed up for Easter. Its a great reason to do some shopping.

Carolina Eclectic said...

Hello David! Thank you so much for commenting. I can't tell you how much I appreciate it. I love your work!

Carolina Eclectic said...

DFM: Oh, you are too kind :)