Sunday, February 24, 2008

My Dream Home, This Week: Minimalist Beauty.


This week I am dreaming of this fabulous house in Hamburg. Although, I love many different styles of homes; every house I like has large windows that let in a lot of light. Nothing brings a down a house more than lack of natural light.










The wood paneled ceilings are an unusual detail I really love. My sister used to own a house with this type of detail. Whenever I would stay there, I loved waking up in the morning and seeing the rich wood on the ceiling first thing.
(Photos from portfolio of Janne Peters)

8 comments:

Pink Wallpaper said...

may i come over and veg by your pool in one of those chairs? great house!

Carolina Eclectic said...

Yeah, great idea! Pool party!

design for mankind. said...

WOWZAH! I LOVE IT! :)

{this is glamorous} said...

Beautiful! And the wood paneling is definitely a great detail.

PHORM Interiors said...

WOW! This is really cool! I have never quite managed to get over minamalism...try as I might
Ian

Carolina Eclectic said...

DFM: HI! I'm glad you like it. Thanks for your comment.

TIG: The wood is such a wonderful detail. It transforms the space.

Ian: I don't try to get over it. I think people are either minimalists or they're not. Could you ever really like fussy rooms?

Neutral Dwelling said...

Great living area!

Carolina Eclectic said...

Thanks Neutral Dwelling :)