Thursday, February 14, 2008

Dwellings Home

As I was cleaning up my study (for a change) I stumbled across one of my design books, that I never get tired of. Dwellings, by Stephen Sills and James Huniford, was published a few years ago, but I love it as much now as the first time I saw it. For one thing, it includes one of my all time favorite rooms (above). I think the sitting room, is a perfect balance of modern art, antiques, and classic furnishings. I also love the rather extreme use of scale and muted palette.
Since I know so many of you hoard books and magazines the way I do; I'm sure many of you have seen the work of Sills and Huniford. For the rest of you here a few more examples of their work.
Below, is the showroom of their store Dwellings Home. I like that the showroom looks like someone's home. What a smart way to show furniture...already in place! At this time, I only can look at their products online, but I still found lots of very pretty stuff.


6 comments:

Cote de Texas said...

Love theses huge pictures!!! Love the first one especially.

Patricia Gray said...

The top picture is gorgeous. The sofa, the artwork, the two tables....

Carolina Eclectic said...

Hi ladies. I know, its so wonderful. It really is one of my most favorite rooms.

Topsy Turvy said...

Absolutely agree with you about the top picture. Gorgeous. And that is one of my favorite books too! Thanks for reminding me to pick it up again. Lana

Bayou Contessa said...

I love their way with whites. Thank you for showing these inspirational pictures!!!

{this is glamorous} said...

That top image is wonderful! Love the artwork.