Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Black and White and Gray all Over.


(Photos from Purple Area)

Is color really that necessary? By looking at these photos, I am tempted to say that its really not. On the other hand, I may not be the best person to ask. I am one of those people who has a black outfit for any and every occasion. When doing laundry, I do a load of black clothes, with the occasional dark brown piece thrown in. What can I say, I LOVE black. What is even better than black, but black and white! The photos of this house really ignite my imagination.

6 comments:

caroline : my pocket said...

I too do mainly black loads of laundry :) I love it and when I was a teenager I had my whole room interior exclusively in black and white for a while. Down to the pencil sharpener. Love the photos you found, beautiful. These days a bit of colour, at least green, has to be present though. x

TonicHome said...

I really love the artwork in the top photo. I must know the name of the artist??? I'm a huge black/white/gray fan!

Carolina Eclectic said...

Caroline: Love the idea of the blk/wht pencil sharpener. When I was a teen, I actuall convinced my parents to tile my room in a blk/wht checkerboard pattern.

Tonichome: I don't know who the artist is. I found the photo on Purple Area's blog. She got the picture from a photographers site.
http://www.birgittawolfgangdrejer.com/
Hope that helps.

Topsy Turvy said...

Love the rooms and especially the the large paintings. Lana

Patricia Gray said...

Beautiful photos. I also am a big fan of black and white in homes and in clothing.

Carolina Eclectic said...

Lana:I really love large scale art in a room.

Patricia: Maybe someday we'll go out for some black clothes shopping :)