Monday, January 28, 2008

Luxurious and Modern Home-David Jimenez

O.K. before I go on, I must admit, I swiped this article from House and Life blog.(Can you hear the sound?.., SWIPE). Alison, did a wonderful interview with designer David Jimenez. I couldn't resist posting photos of his amazing Kansas City home. I connected with everything about it, immediately. The palette, bold scale, and juxtaposition of styles, too wonderful.

I am currently obsessed with the framing and placing of photos and art. Jimenez is very creative with his artwork. This is a great example of how smart placement of frames can make a room.
The all white bath is still so interesting because of the varying textures in the room. Below, is Jimenez' bedroom. The dark color is brightened with the white window treatments and accents. I love this room because its not too girly and not to masculine, its a great compromise.
To learn more about David Jimenez, and his inspiration, go to House and Life, to read a great interview with him. Thanks Alison!

8 comments:

My Notting Hill said...

Thanks for visiting my blog - I"m glad you did because then I found yours. It's great.

ALL THE BEST said...

Love the first and last photos! He has a great eye!

MABELLE said...

WOW! Thank you so much for sharing this! I completely agree with you- I'm obsessed with these photos! And you didn't totally SWIPE the story- you enhanced it ;) I checked out the original and they are totally different and both so wonderful.

Carolina Eclectic said...

MNT: Thanks for visiting, I really enjoyed your blog.

ATB: He definitely has a great eye, the picture and furniture arrangements are fantastic.

Mabelle: Thanks for the kind words, and I'm you found this home just as inspiring, as I did.

Paloma said...

What a gorgeous house! I absolutely love this look. Classic and modern mixed together to form a perfect, eclectic mix.

It was so nice to meet you today, Carolina! We should do it again soon.

LondonCalling said...

Thanks for sharing. I am a fan of his and recently mentioned his home in a post. Imagine my surprise when he commented on it. Surprised and charmed, he seems both talented and kind.

Carolina Eclectic said...

Hi Paloma, I had so much fun too, can't wait to do it again.

Londoncalling: How exciting to hear that David commented on your blog. I would love that.

House & Life said...

Carolina Eclectic, I feel like such a JERK for not saying thank you for the big mention. We had a freak accident with my daughter (she's fine) and just haven't visited all my favorite blogs such as yours. What a huge honor and I thank you so much. David is such a pleasure to know and I think he's the next big thing in design (if he isn't already).