Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Add Some Glitz and Sparkle to Your Home.

Most of us have heard of the idea that every great room needs "jewelry" just as every great outfit does. I couldn't agree more. I love adding sparkle in varying amounts wherever I can. The room above is from Ochre. Their beautiful custom chandelier compliments the muted colors and matte finishes.
Above:1.Coco Mirror from Ochre 2.Barstool and Lamp from Mondo Cane
Above and below are a few examples of a modern take on sparkle for a room.
Below: Design by M Design Group

If your style is more classic, check out the fabulous room from Albert Pinto. An amazingly talented designer, Pinto balances many types of finishes that result in a luxurious yet inviting room. Below are pieces I love that would give some glamor to almost any room.
1.Lamp from Paris Hotel Boutique 2.Chair from Oly Studios 3.Painted sideboard from Jimmie Martin

7 comments:

j said...

the chandelier is beautiful

Me, Myself, & I said...

Oooohhhing and Aaahhhing over the chandelier over the bed.

Cote de Texas said...

I love that Pinto room.

Carolina Eclectic said...

J. and MM&I: The chandelier really is just delicious. Why would you ever want to leave your bedroom?

Joni: I can honestly say I am mystified Alberto Pinto's work. He goes from highly traditional to modern w/out skipping a beat. Very talented.

Pink Wallpaper said...

that is crazy that we posted the same thing!! i just rediscovered them by flipping thru my magazine tear outs!

Paloma said...

So many lovely pieces! I especially love the chandelier in the bedroom.

Jennifer Ramos said...

Hi there!
I really LOVE your blog and spent about 30 minutes looking at so many of your posts! Would love to exchange links with you, let me know and i will add you right away. : )
all the best,


Jen Ramos
'100% Recycled DESIGNER Cards & More'
www.madebygirl.com
madebygirl.blogspot.com